The Nevada Organization of Nurse Leaders (NONL) is a Region 9 chapter (one of 48 affiliated state and metropolitan chapters) of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) organization of nurses who design, facilitate and manage care.
Since 2000, this state organization along with AONE has provided leadership, professional development, advocacy and research to advance nursing practice and patient care, promote nursing leadership excellence and shape public policy for health care. The NONL-Nevada Organization of Nurse Leaders Inc was incorporated in 2010 as a nonprofit organization with 280 plus members including nurse leaders across the continuum of care and in nursing education in the state of Nevada.
To foster the development of nurse leaders through mentorship, collaboration, and education and to influence the development of health policy and advance the profession of nursing.
The organization is proactive in its approach to addressing emerging health care issues such as:
- transforming the health care system,
- evidence-based practice and policy,
- the advancement of technology,
- leadership development,
- clinical delegation skill development for nurses,
- care delivery re-engineering and re-design,
- continuous quality improvement,
- patient-focused practice,
- accessibility to education and healthcare workforce planning,
- and most importantly the Campaign for Action: Future of Nursing.
NONL serves its members by:
- Providing vision and actions for nursing leadership to meet the health care needs of society.
- Influencing legislation and public policy related to nursing and patient care issues.
- Offering member services that support and enhance the management, leadership, educational and professional development of nursing leaders.
- Facilitating and supporting research and development efforts that advance nursing administration practice and quality patient care.